Österängens Konsthall is a space for Swedish and international contemporary art. It is also a meeting place and a community center in Österängen – Jönköping. The Art space is characterized by openness, collaboration and diversity and highlights young urban art and culture.
The Art space is pushing boundaries and breaking norms. It harnesses the power and expertise of the local community and welcomes collaborations with a variety of artists, associations, companies and organizations. The Art space has its own workshop where children and young people get to discover their own creativity together with our professional art educators.
Österängens Konsthall is run by a non-profit association supported by VätterHem Bostads AB, private sponsors, Jönköping Region and Jönköping Municipality as well as the Swedish Arts Council.
- Johanna Linder, Manager
- Maggie Elkhouri, Guide and Art educator
- Marcus Gyllborg, Coordinator
- Jannie Sidenvik, Project manager och Communicator
- Melina Pollack, Project assistant
- Chairman: Sören Josefsson
- Treasurer: Erik Bromander
- Secretary: Helena I Blom
- Board Member: Silvana Jankovic
- Board Member: Johanna Bergström
- Board Member: Samar Jabri
- Alternate: Radu Harald Dinu
- Alternate: Evelina Dembacke
- Alternate: Bobo Hallgren
Your event at Österängens Konsthall
Are you looking for an exciting venue for a meeting, or a lecture? Want a creative frame for your event?
Rent our Art space!
Österängens Konsthall can accommodate 150 people and can seat about 50 guests. We are just at the exit from the E4 and within walking distance of the Elmia Exhibition and Concert Hall, in an exciting environment that is constantly changing.
What we offer
We plate up a hearty breakfast buffet consisting of coffee, tea, freshly baked bread, cheese, jams, vegetables, juices and yougurt.
If you want, we can tell you more about an ongoing exhibition and about Österängens Konsthall while you eat. Projector, canvas and speaker system are available.
Price: 4000 SEK + 150 SEK / person.
Maximum number: 40 people.
We serve a pizza buffet consisting of three different freshly baked pizzas with fresh salad and beverage. If you wish, you can get a tour of the current exhibition.
Projector, canvas and speaker system available.
Price: 4000 SEK + 120 SEK / person.
Maximum number: 60 people.
Or do you have a completely different idea? Contact us and we can design a successful event together in a unique environment!
RENT A ROLLING ART SPACE
Do you need a creative element to your event or city party? Hire our art-truck!
Our rolling art hall is a six meter long trailer that holds a small exhibition room and everything you could possibly need for a creative workshop. We are happy to attend your event and have workshops for kids and young people or maybe for your staff? Contact us and we’ll tell you more!
Single-use tableware is both expensive and bad for the planet! Rent our real tableware instead!
40 large dinner plates
40 deep bowls / soup plates
40 knives + forks + spoons
40 drinking glasses
40 coffee cups
Price per day: SEK 700
You are responsible for retrieving the crockery and washing it in the dishwasher before returning it.
Contact: email@example.com or come into the art hall and talk to us!
- The Art space is on the ground floor and is most easily reached through the western entrance of Österängens Centrum.
- Parking and accessible parking is located just outside the entrance to the art hall.
- Subtitled are available for most of our video or audio artworks. Reception staff are happy to interpret video or visual art.
- The art hall has no high thresholds, stairs or heavy doors. We do not have an accessible toilet on the premisis, but there is one directly opposite our entrance.
- There is no hearing loop, and unfortunately, there is a lot of echo in the hall. We are working to fix this.
Contact person regarding accessibility: Johanna Linder, Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Published on October 20, 2017.
Thursday 11 am – 6 pm
Friday 11 am – 6 pm
Saturday 11 am – 4 pm
Sunday 11 am – 4 pm
We are located in Österängens Centrum, ground floor. Choose the western entrance (opposite the dam) and you’ll find us!
ÖSTERÄNGENS KONSTHALL IS SUPPORTED BY
REGION JÖNKÖPINGS LÄN