Österängens Konsthall is a space for Swedish and international contemporary art. It is also a meeting place and a community center in Österängen – Jönköping. The Art space is characterized by openness, collaboration and diversity and highlights young urban art and culture.
The Art space is pushing boundaries and breaking norms. It harnesses the power and expertise of the local community and welcomes collaborations with a variety of artists, associations, companies and organizations. The Art space has its own workshop where children and young people get to discover their own creativity together with our professional art educators.
Österängens Konsthall is run by a non-profit association supported by VätterHem Bostads AB, private sponsors, Jönköping Region and Jönköping Municipality as well as the Swedish Arts Council.
- The Art space is on the ground floor and is most easily reached through the south entrance of Österängens Centrum.
- Parking and accessible parking is located just outside the entrance to the art hall.
- Subtitled are available for most of our video or audio artworks. Reception staff are happy to interpret video or visual art.
- The art hall has no high thresholds, stairs or heavy doors. We do not have an accessible toilet on the premisis, but there is one directly opposite our entrance.
- There is no hearing loop, and unfortunately, there is a lot of echo in the hall. We are working to fix this.
Contact person regarding accessibility: Johanna Linder, Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Published on October 20, 2017.
Thursday 11 am – 6 pm
Friday 11 am – 6 pm
Saturday & Sunday 11 am – 4 pm
Closed for summer: 22 July – 16 August 2019
We are located in Österängens Centrum, ground floor. Choose the south entrance (opposite the dam) and you’ll find us!